We offer three sessions per month on Thursday mornings. Even if you are currently a client, you are welcome to attend to find out more about what is offered by the SOU SBDC, the Oregon Small Business Development Center Network, plus a lot more.
|Click here to select the day and time that works for you. > > >||
We will discuss how this growing crime is affecting businesses and their employees. Never has there been a greater need for HR professionals to understand identity theft and its impact on the workplace.
ID theft is the fastest-growing white-collar crime in the US.
• There are over 45,000 victims EVERY DAY!
• Every year businesses lose millions of dollars because of identity theft and data breaches.
• The average cost of a data breach is 7.2 million dollars, up seven percent from last year.
• The average victim spends over 600 hours in the process of restoration. For an employee, the majority of this is done during business hours.
• Over three million children have already become victims of identity theft.
• Identity theft education can save employers and employees thousands of dollars in potential losses.
Date: August 16th, 2017
Networking: 7:30 am to 8:00 am
Workshop Time: 8:00 am to 10:00 am
Presenter: Rose Barker
About the Presenter:
Rose Barker, Certified Risk Management Consultant, is an expert on identity theft. She is requested to speak at SHRM groups and businesses across the West Coast, sharing information on how to protect companies, employees, and their families.
She is a Salem, Oregon native and avidly supports fostering local community. She is both an entrepreneur and Board President of nonprofit MERIT, a Willamette Valley micro-enterprise and small business development center.
When she's not helping businesses and employees, you can find her gardening, cycling, and playing with her cute dog Foxy.
Meeting Location: Smullin Health Education Center - 2825 E. Barnett Road
Cost: $20.00 per member / No charge for first time guests and students
$25.00 for non-member
HRCI Credit: 2.0 SHRM credits | 2.0 HRCI credits